CHI Memorial Integrative Medicine Associates
CHI Memorial Integrative Medicine Associates is a primary care practice focused on health promotion and illness prevention. The practice defines integrative medicine as healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person, including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between the medical provider and patient, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapies.
CHI Memorial Integrative Medicine Associates primary care providers include: Jeffery Jump, MD; Mary McKenzie, DO and Franklin Baker, PA. The practice offers a range of services to supplement primary care including nutritional counseling, clinical counseling, acupuncture, integrative soft tissue therapy, hormone replacement therapy and more.
The Defining Principles of Integrative Medicine
- Patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process
- All factors that influence health, wellness, and disease are taken into consideration, including mind, spirit, and community, as well as the body.
- Appropriate use of both conventional and alternative methods facilitates the body's innate healing response.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive should be used whenever possible.
- Integrative medicine neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
- Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms.
- Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- Practitioners of integrative medicine should exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.
CHI Memorial Integrative Medicine Associates is welcoming new patients and is located at 320 E. Main Street, Suite 200, Chattanooga, TN 37408. Parking is free to our patients during regular business hours. For more information or to request an appointment, call (423) 643-2246.