CHI Memorial Integrative Medicine Associates focuses on health promotion, healing and illness prevention. We offer a variety of services to care for and support our patients. To schedule an appointment, call (423) 886-2004.
Our mission is to provide a healing oriented medical practice with a focus on the whole person. Our primary care providers act as the continuing focal point for all the needed health care services for any individual patient. We provide ready access to personalized care from your own established provider.
Services include health promotion and wellness, disease prevention, health maintenance, counseling, patient education, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic disease. We are well equipped to meet the needs of the vast majority of patients while also maintaining a close relationship with any number of specialists in the Chattanooga area if the need arises for specialty services.At CHI Memorial Integrative Medicine Associates, we seek to provide these primary care services with compassion, empathy and respect for individual beliefs and values. As an integrated practice, all of our primary care providers have a close working relationship with and an intimate knowledge of the services provided by our providers.
We practice both medical and traditional Chinese acupuncture to treat a variety of conditions including, but not limited to:
- Musculoskeletal: neck, back, shoulder, knee, and foot pain, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel and sports injuries
- Neurological/Nervous System: headache, insomnia, stroke, stress disorders, Bell's Palsy, hyperthyroidism, high/low blood pressure, neuralgia epilepsy
- Gynecological: fertility (male/female), menstrual pain, PMS, menopause, cysts and pregnancy-related issues
- Respiratory: asthma, cough, sore throat, common cold, hay fever, allergies
- Gastrointestinal: constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux, nausea, stomach pain, poor digestion
- Others: heart disorders, chronic fatigue, cancer treatment side effects, men's health issues, addiction, accident related injuries, anxiety & depression, skin disorders
Cupping is an effective therapeutic method with a history of over 2,000 years in China. It is a simple treatment technique which can be used alone or in combination with acupuncture or moxibustion (the use of heat) to enhance the treatment.
There are different cupping methods:
- Retention Cupping is the most common form. The cup is applied and left in place. Retaining time varies, as well as the number of cups used.
- Flash cupping is characterized by repeatedly applying the cup and removing rapidly several times.
- Moving or Sliding cupping is a method of applying the cup then sliding the cup back and forth to enlarge the treatment area of the body.
Cupping is used only when appropriately indicated and should be applied by qualified practitioners. Contraindications to cupping include: skin ulcers, high fever, areas over large blood vessels, edema, dermatitis, and abdominal and sacral regions of a pregnant woman.
Nutrition counseling focused on choices for optimum health and well-being, controlling or reversing chronic disease, or achieving your weight loss goals.